Bee articles, clubs, classroom ideas, forums & shopping sites which we have found to be interesting and helpful! Do you have a resource you think we should add to this list?
Order Beekeeping Equipement
- In the Boston Area? Visit Agricultural Hall for all your beekeeping needs.
- You also can get bees and beekeeping equipment locally from the Beekeepers’ Warehouse in Woburn, or from NE Bees in Tyngsborough.
- Philadelphia area? Visit this page on the Philly Beekeepers Guild website for more info.
- We get the jars for our honey from SKS Bottle and Specialty Bottle
- BetterBee Suppliers also sells all kinds of beekeeping equipment; so does Brushy Mountain Bee Farm
Your Beekeeping Questions
- Are you in the Philadelphia Area? Check out the Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild
- Are you in the Boston Area? Check out BABA, the Boston Area Beekeepers Association
- BeeMaster International Beekeeping Forum
- BeeSource listserve /bee forum
- Michael Bush’s excellent site on Beekeeping Naturally
- There are great resources for beginners beekeeping on this page from our friends at Beverly Bees
The University of Georgia’s Honeybee Research Archives is quite extensive.
Other Good Resources
- Marla Spivak’s TED talk on ‘Why Bees are Disappearing’ is really great.
- Here is a good resource for information on pollinator conservation, including a guide on planting for bees in the garden, the best flowers for pollinators, and more.
- An archive of bee articles that have been published in the NYTimes
- Here is a commercial beekeepers diary that you can browse by topic
- BeeLore (bee stories both past and present)
- Why are bees important?
- Beekeeping Safety Resources
- Best plants to have in your garden for bees and pollinators